Getting the station set up

With new radios, it always seems to take a while to get the software, the wiring, the station set up correctly. I’ve got the K3 now running throught the ICOM PW-1 amplifier, along with the 756 Pro. I’ve got both radios interaced withe the computer logging program, and a different computer set up as the contest station.

There are still a couple bugs to work out, but I’m getting close.

I tried testing things this weekend running the Texas QSO party, but propagation seemed to be against me. On both 20 and 40 meters, I could barely hear anyond from Texas this afternoon.

Oh well, it’s almost contest season. I’ll be trying to update my contest activity more regularly as the season progresses.

I’m now feeding the RSS feed of this blog to my twitter account. So if you’re a twitterer, you can follow this at twitter/bplantz.